SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

52 Week Savings Plan

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I took this challenge when someone (I wish I remembered who!!!) posted about it as a New Year’s Resolution a few years ago. It’s been life altering and I really need to thank the person for posting about it!

Within the first month I increased my savings amount to 25/week so it could be auto transferred into a share account. I liked the way it worked so much that I ended up starting a 2nd 25.00 transfer into a 2nd share account by month 3. After seeing how painless that was, within the first 6 months, I decided to set up an auto transfer for another 100.00 only this time it would go into our general savings. This is a total of 10,400/year in additional savings to what we were already saving and money I didn’t realize we had (that could be dedicated to saving). The only changes I made to our spending was to ask if I wanted or needed what I was intending to buy. If I needed it, I bought it. If I wanted it, I waited. If a month later, I still wanted it, I bought it, but usually by that time, the urge had passed, never to be thought of again, money saved.

Even if you don’t think you can afford to take the challenge, I’d encourage you to try it anyways; you’d be surprised at the changes in your spending you’ll make just to see that amount grow and how little you’ll actually feel those changes in your day to day activities.

Comments (16)