SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megmacur

The worst kitchen ever

6 years ago

I have a head-scratcher of a kitchen in one of my rental units. With renters moving out within the month, we are prepping to jump into a kitchen remodel. Shallow steel "counters", a mix of ancient and less-ancient junky cabinetry, little moving space, no good flow from appliance to appliance, a terribly-positioned window and back door, and a peninsula apparently made of scrap wood are all issues we'll be facing and working to resolve. We will not be replumbing to move the sink elsewhere, as that is above our budget and skill levels. No walls can be torn down. This is a 1935 house converted to triplex, and this main floor unit boasts original wood floors, solid core doors and thick baseboard and trim (unfortunately none of that conveyed to the back of the house where the kitchen, laundry, master, and bath are). We own some stainless galley shelving and a giant beam we hope to turn into reclaimed shelving, so those would be great elements to incorporate, possibly as a half-galley kitchen. But the layout...help me with the layout!

Comments (33)