SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidilynne10

I need a designers help with a kitchen floor selection.

Heidi Zervakis
6 years ago

We are remodeling our main level. We are going for the open floorplan concept. We are tearing down walls to eliminate the dining room. Thus allowing for a large kitchen island. I currently have hardwood in my dining room, family room, and living room. We will have them refinished. I have a home built in the 60s, so there are a lot of rooms. I love the look of hardwood in the kitchen. I have looked at LOTS of photos and am drawn to the wood floors or wood grain tile floors. My issue is practicality. I have a dog and children. Hardwood in the kitchen just screams high maintenance and a disaster waiting to happen. For the amount of money I am going to spend I think its out. Now, what floor tile could I use in the kitchen that would blend nicely with all the hardwood already in our home? I don't think wood grain tile floors look nice along natural hardwood. I am going for a traditional kitchen with white cabinets, grey walls, farmhouse sink- get the picture. What are some popular choices out there right now? What would be your go to tile if you were designing a client's kitchen? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Comments (18)