SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veganhorsegal

Roses sprouted in the fridge, now what? I am in southwest Florida

6 years ago

I gathered some seeds from two rose varieties that I have. One was in 2014 and the other late 2015. I didn't want to plant them so I just stuck them in two separate baby food jars with a little wet napkin and left it. I took them out only to wet them as needed. I didn't want them drying out. Well, here I am about to make a peanut butter sandwich and see little sprouts and a tiny green leaf! I got them out washed in a bleach solution to get rid of the little bit of mold and now have no clue what to do.

My question is should I plant those that sprouted and leave them inside for now? We still have the air conditioning on here and it gets in the high 70s to low 80s right now. Night temps are in the 60s most nights, I just checked the 10 day forecast and there is one night in the mid 50s (FREEZING!) at least to me it's freezing. :-)

When do you recommend leaving them outside in pots?

And finally, what is the best soil to use? I have always purchased roses, never grew them from seed. So this is quite exciting. I just don't want to murder the little things before they grow up. Especially, after all these years! haha

Thank you for any input and suggestions.

Cheers

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz