SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srb2398061

I'm devastated!

Anglophilia
6 years ago

A couple of weeks before Christmas, I made the trek to a lobster pound to pick up my frozen knuckle and claw meat for my Christmas Eve lobster stew. This is a Canadian company that has their US distribution center in my town since it's also a huge UPS hub. The lobster meat is fabulous and so easy - no steaming 8-10 lobsters, just buy the meat. It was on sale for $12.99 for 4 oz - bought 6 packages - it's usually about $40 a pack. They said it was a "Christmas Special".

I got to thinking about buying more as everyone ate just about every single bit of the stew - very little left over for me - thought it would be nice to have some in the freezer. So this morning, I called them to see if there was any left. Nope - all sold out. Then the kicker: they are permanently closing their US center on 1 January! No more lobster pound! No more wonderful, fresh, Canadian lobster at great prices! No more frozen knuckle and claw meat for my lobster stew!

They have a web site but it looks as if the frozen knuckle and claw meat only ships to Canada, not the US. I will spend the next year researching this as that's the way to go.

I have very old, close friends from my St Louis days who have a summer home in Nova Scotia. I discovered they live right down the road from the owners of this lobster business! May have to see if they can bring some frozen lobster meat, packed in dry ice, when they drive home next fall - they always stop and spend the night with me on the way.

Geeze, I hate change....

Comments (12)