SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sugarrushay

I'm crying as I write this.

sugarrushay
15 years ago

The PB came to diamond brite our pool today. Today with a 60% chance of rain. Yesterday they came out when it was bright and sunny and said that the guy that was suppose to do it didn’t show up for work. Anyway, they arrived, mixed the diamond brite and proceeded to start plastering. I watched the weather radar. The red and yellow masses were coming so the PB had my husband go to the store and buy 4 mil plastic. As the red approached on the radar and the lightening started there was about 1 hour of work left on the pool just to smooth it all down. The PB put the plastic on top of my screen enclosure. All was going well until the storm arrived and dropped an inch of rain in about 6 minutes. The tarp held the water so well that the weight caused my screens to rip resulting in 600 gallons of water to slam into the unfinished diamond brite. The guys doing the plastering said it couldn’t be saved so they undercut around the tile, said they would call the insurance adjuster on Monday, asked me to stop crying, apologized, complained they wouldn’t be paid by the PB since the job hadn’t been completed and left. So we are looking at a pool with about 1 foot of water in it and mostly diamond brited. With leaves and roof debris hardening with it I guess. What should we do? Should we fill the pool up with water anyway? Won’t what’s on the walls crack without water? They told us that this happens all the time and we’ll end up with a stronger bond to the wall. I told them I was pretty sure that if it’s too thick it’ll crack and since I can’t see the bottom of the pool I don’t know how much has sludged up down there. I’m devastated. Should I be this worried that my pool is now going to be forever leaking or flaking? Has this ever happened to anyone before? Any advice or sympathy is greatly appreciated.

{{gwi:2041316}}

The only thing I like about this photo is the irony of my sunny day sign.

Comments (17)