SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Keeping my attitude in check... at least, trying

moonie_57 (8 NC)
6 years ago

Have I ever mentioned that I hate winter? It does terrible things to my psyche. Those transitional weeks where temps may be warm one day then cold the next are the worst! Once winter settles in and it's cold every day, then I can manage better. It seems like each year gets worse but I honestly and truly do work at positivity but it's so hard! Does anyone else experience these problems?

I've not been posting much because I can't trust myself not to make snarky replies when I'm easily irritated. Just in the last month I've had it out with my bother-in-law, infuriated my neighbor, and have probably made the staff in the NC governor's office roll their eyes every time they open one of my emails.

I'm not making excuses, but my poor attitude started a little early this year after "The Incident" at my daughter's workplace when 4 employees were killed. I worry everyday for her safety, and the stress from that, then cold weather coming in, has broken my spirit.

A while back I mentioned that a neighbor adopted a cat after his rescue kitty had to be put to sleep. Our neighborhood cat saga is a long story spanning 15 years so I don't really want to get into the inside/outside debate. Anyway, his new rescue has killed two of my male cardinals, and possibly the third one since I haven't seen the third one in several days. I feed the birds on the top of a shed and I actually caught the cat up there. We trimmed some of the privot bush back so I'm hoping that has put a stop to it.

But, I felt like I had to talk to the neighbor. I was very nice about it... asked what "we" could do, solutions "we" could come up with. I didn't point blame or act like a b***h about it. According to our other neighbor, the guy is furious with me, calling me a hypocrite when I had also had outdoor cats. (long story short... all of us had taken in a bunch of strays 15 years ago. that was suppose to have been the last of the stray/outside cats, but apparently only in my mind) I'm not blaming the neighbor or holding any grudge towards the cat, I was just hoping he could somehow guarantee his cat would not be jumping my privacy fence anymore. Or maybe he could have put a nice jingly bell on the cat. I just wasn't expecting him to get so angry about it.

Well, I'm devastated about the loss of my birds. Two of them I've been watching since the parents started bringing them to the feeders. Marveled in watching them over the weeks as their male colors began coming in. The first one that was killed was the daddy bird, then one of the offspring. Now the other offspring in missing.

Now that I've gone and gotten myself all depressed again, I'll tell the story about my brother-in-law at another time.

Mostly, I wanted to say that I've been reading the KT (hoping Chip is feeling all better now) and keeping all of you in my thoughts.

Comments (32)