SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

AnnT's Cream Cheese Brandied Cherry Balls

annie1992
6 years ago

Yes, they're still Amanda's favorite, so I made them. I usually can sweet cherries with brandy just to make this candy, but the cherry crop hasn't been great the last couple of years, so no cherries to can. I could add a couple of spoons of brandy, as the recipe directs, but we don't drink, so I had none of that either. Instead I just used maraschino cherries, chopped, and I left out the walnuts, because Amanda can't have the nuts.

Anyway, you can get the recipe at AnnT's blog:

http://www.thibeaultstable.com/2012/12/christmas-baking-revisited.html

Here I leave out the butterscotch chips because Amanda loves dark chocolate, so I use a bag of good dark chocolate chips, Ghiradelli is readily available here so I use that. These come together really fast, so I get everything together before starting. The chocolate was already in the microwave when I took this picture:

Mix all the ingredients, refrigerate and scoop out into balls. I'll put in another plug for those Jenaluca cookie scoops, the thick, cold chocolate didn't cause any problems at all. Scoop the candy out and roll in coconut:

Repeat until all chocolate is gone.

I put these in a tin and then into the refrigerator so they wouldn't soften and Amanda just took the whole tin home, LOL. That's fine, I can make more.....

Thanks, AnnT, for a recipe that is a Christmas regular in our house, and sometimes shows up at Valentine's Day and Easter too. Merry Christmas.

Annie

Comments (2)