Something a little different again:

Breakfast!

I mix

1 part shredded potatoes

1 part chopped sweet pepper,

1 part chopped onion

1/2 part chopped celery,

1/2 part black olives.

1 cup of mixture per serving into the microwave at 1 1/2 minute per cup, longer for large quantities.

Turn it into a preheated non-stick 8" fry pan for a single which has a dash of olive oil and add about 2 or 3 ounces precooked meat crumbles, and fry until starting to crisp. Run three medium or 2 large garlic cloves through a press and mix through. A dash of chili powder and one of cumin are optional.

Then add about 2 oz of shredded cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar) and one egg and mix them thoroughly through the batch until the eggs are done and the cheese has melted, has tied the works together into an 8" kind of a patty and is starting to crisp on the bottom. Turn over until the top is crisped.

I live alone and find that fingerling potatoes and sweet mini bell peppers are just the right size to mix up a single serving at a time. Sliced olives for pizza toppings in the tiny sizes make for two servings each as do small cooking onions. For larger servings different colored potatoes, different colored onions and different colored peppers add interest. Different meats and even vegetarian sausage crumbles work just fine. For solitarys like myself there are quite a variety of pre-cooked meats available at most supermarkets. I imagine that shallots might be subbed for the onions, and Anaheim or ancho peppers added for more bite. But be careful with the hot peppers you will not be working with very large quantities so a very little of the hot stuff goes a long ways.

The doctors have me on low salt diet; so I do not cook with salt or have it at meals on the table. A dash or two of salt and some pepper in the cooking would probably be welcomed by most folks.

All kinds of adjustments can be made to this. I am going to fry up some chorizo, crumble it and freeze it for additional variety and I expect that a dash of hot sauce would not be out of line for a lot of folks. One might also double the egg for more of a scramble, and different cheeses and even a dash of Parmesan when served...

This is nice and uses a lot of veggies. In the summer I tend to use sweet banana peppers right out of my garden and my own onions, and garlics.

Comments (8)