SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ayerg73_gw

And now for something completely different-another floorplan idea

ayerg73
13 years ago

Ok, so I've taken all of your advice on my last two tries at a floorplan and have found some software I could play with. Now, I've had a slight epiphany and decided to try partially taking down a wall.

For those of you that saw my last two posts, you might remember that we were changing the entrance of the kitchen to line up with the dining room instead of the garage. I liked that idea because it made the dining room feel more like part of the house instead of Siberia and it would let more light into the kitchen.

However, I realized that would leave me running smack into a wall when we come in from the garage (which we do 99.999% of the time) and that groceries would have to be hauled a lot farther.

What do you think of making the entrance bigger and losing the cabs on that wall altogether. I ran the island down a little farther. I also lost the desk and put a bookcase in the corner for cookbooks and it will probably have drawers in the bottom.

I forgot to label, but I put trash and recycling between the DW and the sink so that those two work areas would not sit directly behind the range...

Comments (8)