SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Superfront brass pulls

sochi
6 years ago

My kitchen cabinets are mostly in, thought I would share pics of the pulls. Thanks to Pal again for helping me figure out the right style. I tried to find something close to home, but couldn‘t find the right look, size and finish in one pull. Until I came across the Superfront Wafer pull from Sweden. I love them. Happy with the Hague Blue on the cabs too.

One month away from moving back in. This whole house reno has nearly done me in. No more moving, no more renovations. ;)

Comments (26)

• homepro01
    6 years ago

Beautiful as always Sochi!

• daisychain Zn3b
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Oh, yes. Those are perfect.

• jakabedy
    6 years ago

Those pulls are perfect. And I love the color of the cabinets.

• sunnydrew
    6 years ago
    Please show photos when it is all done.
  • palimpsest
    6 years ago

How do you think they will function on the heavier drawers?

• DLM2000-GW
    6 years ago

Simple. Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

• robo (z6a)
    6 years ago

They look great!!!

• amykath
    6 years ago

Love them and your cabinets!!!

sochi thanked amykath
  • sochi
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks everyone. Pal I will keep you posted on function once the drawers are full. No problem at the moment but there is nothing in them. My BIL (cab maker) seemed to think they are wide/strong enough. They loop over the top of the drawer and screw in on the inside. I ordered a similar pull from Richelieu that attached on the exterior of the drawer, I’m sure it wouldn’t have been strong enough.

sunnydrew, I will post pictures. Hopefully late January or early February. Can’t wait.

First pic shows the Holy Wafer pull, you can see how it attaches. The second a similar style from Richelieu.

These ones attach to the cabinet front. While larger, I don’t think they would be as strong.

• theclose
    6 years ago

Love love love!!

• Fori
    6 years ago

They're really nice!

I had to look them up because they look like just what I need for a much less attractive small guest bath.

But they don't seen to be mere "Wafer" pulls. They appear to be "HOLY Wafer" pulls if my googling is working right. That just cracks me up. And it's descriptive.

• beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    6 years ago

Very nice!

Wishing you peace and strength in the home stretch : ) .

sochi thanked beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
  • DYH
    6 years ago

Lovely!

I empathize with moving/renovations.

sochi thanked DYH
  • sochi
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks beckysharp! I mostly love doing this, but it’s possible I bit off a bit more than I could chew with this one. The whole point of this project was to create a multi-generational home for my family of four plus my parents (in an attached 3-bed ground floor apartment). They sold their house quicker than anticipated so we’ve all been living in the ground floor apartment since November 1. I’m going crazy. ;).

Fori - ha! You’re right, it is Holy Wafer. How could I forget? So apt!!

• jtpowell12
    6 years ago

Hi there, Wondering how the Holy Wafer pulls are holding up with the heavier drawers... Also - did you use this pull for your dishwasher? or any pull-out pantries?

Looks great so hope you're enjoying it!

• sochi
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi jt,

They are working out well. No problem with heavy pot drawers. I do have one on my dishwasher, no pantry doors though. And yes, I’m loving the kitchen. I will take a few more pictures today to share.

• jtpowell12
    6 years ago
    that's great to know - thanks for replying!
    looking forward to seeing photos;-)
  • sochi
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Here are a few iPhone pics. I will try to take a few better quality pictures and post a reveal thread too.

Dishwasher with pull

You can see here the brass is showing its unfinished nature! I’m happy with the patina, some may not be.

Here are are the big pot drawers:

The island looking toward the dining room and living room:

• sochi
    Original Author
    6 years ago

That’s great! Please keep me posted on your progress.

You can’t go wrong with Miele I don’t think. We’ve used Miele in our current and past home and love them. Our current fridge is a Sub Zero, I’m not that happy with it. Much preferred the Gaggenau fridge I had in my last kitchen (Gagg essentially the same as Miele, or at least it was).

Our kitchen counters are quartzite not marble. Our last kitchen had quartzite counters too, we’ve loved them. Harder than granite with a marble-like look. There are quite a few threads on quartzite in the kitchen forum (it is a real stone, not to be confused with quartz which I believe is a made made blend of resin and quartzite.).

Just a note that we didn’t do the holy wafer on the fridge. Our fridge and freezer pulls are from Richelieu. Not a perfect match but close enough.

• hjk73
    6 years ago

Sochi, I hope you post reveal photos soon - the sneak peeks are amazing. Question- how did the holy wafer work on the dishwasher panel? I’m contemplating a similar style edge pull and not sure how it will work on a paneled dishwasher.

• jtpowell12
    6 years ago

Sochi -

Yes, agreed - Holy Wafer wouldn't work on the fridge! We were thinking of an Alno tab pull, but not sure how "comfortable" that will be. So, may do a regular "handle"; the Richelieu you used is very nice - I'll check it out.

I was thinking about quartzite actually, as I don't think we can pull the trigger on a marble... But we're doing a busy-ish (albeit beautiful, imho) marble backsplash, so, may just opt for a plain white quartz so the counters don't fight too much with the backsplash.

Anyway - thanks again for your replies and for the photos. So helpful. And your kitchen really does look great!!

• sochi
    Original Author
    6 years ago

You’re welcome jt, good luck!

Hjk, I will try to post the reveal soon. Life has been a little too crazy the last few months! Here are some close ups of the dishwasher with the holy wafer. You can see what the pull looks like uninstalled in my earlier posts. Essentially it slips in between the panel and dishwasher door. It is screwed in of course, probably not a big problem if you are doing custom doors.

• leela4
    6 years ago

So funny as DH and I were just talking about you, sochi, and wondering if I had missed a reveal. I loved your old kitchen/bath/house so much . . . hope things settle down for you, and that you're able to enjoy your new home. And how wonderful, really, to share proximity with your parents.

• nosoccermom
    6 years ago

Yes, please, give us the reveal! I'm already drooling. Love, love the blue and brass!

• sochi
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I’m on it!! Will get some pictures this weekend.