SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sntlakehouse

I hate my granite slab! Help!

Sarah Taylor
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I was originally going to get Cambria quartz countertops, but after some mismeasuring and a quote double my budget, I freaked out and went to Lowe’s, per my friends recommendation.

I had horrible anxiety the entire time, but ordered Allen and Roth granite in “Grey Current”. The sample was mostly white and grey, with some Black and Tan specks. It also reminded me of the quartz I was originally looking at.

Fast forward, after they measured I went to the granite yard to approve my slab and I hated it!!! It was mostly tan/beige with some spots of the white as I had wanted. Lesson learned, damn near impossible to order a huge piece of stone off of a few inches of a sample!

I discussed my options, but the place is subcontracted through Lowe’s, so they couldn’t give me prices confirm exactly what I could do. I marked a couple different slabs, and went back to looking at quartz (silestone).

My husband is out of town, but when he comes back he’s going with me to Lowe’s to figure it all out, but I would like input and opinions on this.

Has anyone had to deal with “exchanging” countertops at Lowe’s? I feel this is going to be a big mess, but I don’t want to settle.

Other slabs I tagged in the yard

Go a different route and just get simple quartz?

the original Cambria quartz I liked

my kitchen in progress (oak cabinets will be white/ off white)

Comments (65)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville