SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahren_osterbrink

Looking for some suggestions on cabinet/kitchen layout

ahreno
6 years ago

I've been told this is a helpful spot to get some cabinet design help/ideas. I'm building my own home and looking for ideas for cabinets that aren't going to break the bank. Attached is my floor plan. I'm not attached to anything on it other than the sink in the island (plumbing is in). I may wire for a double wall oven but it wont be in the initial build for budget reasons. Where i'm at, there are no inspections other than a final inspection so i'm open to doing things a little bit not by the book. I have a vent for the toilet in the wall that the baking station will probably be on and am debating sneaking a small bar sink in there so i can have water right at the baking station. thoughts?

I want my lowers to have a majority of drawers but figure i should probably have some cabinets? one thing i want for 100% for sure is a baking station that I can have my mixer/etc left on the counter but has doors to hide it. I'd also either like a similiar setup for blender/smoothies but its probably best idea to just incorporate that right in with the baking station? I have a a friend that recently built went with wholesalecabinetswarehouse.com and highly recommends them. They're RTA cabinets but come from china. He's very happy with their quality. They dont really have the finish/look i'd like so i'm open to other options that aren't garbage. I'm attaching their layout that they proposed. Being made in china they dont do much if anything for customization... which really limited the design of the baking station.

In regards to their layout. i'd probably swap out a few more lower drawers. Their solution for a "baking cabinet" is just a standard cabinet turned 90°... which is kind of limiiting. it seems to me like i almost have too many cabinets (my partner would never agree though!).

Hopefully this is enough to get a little feedback.

Suggestions i've received... swap fridge to far left, ditch all the upper cabinets, ditch the floor to ceiling cabinets since i have a big pantry

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio