SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 12 - 14 - 17

User
6 years ago

Nostradamus Quotes
French - Celebrity December 14, 1503 - July 2, 1566

The Antichrist will be the infernal prince again for the third and last time... so many evils shall be committed by the means of Satan, the infernal Prince, that almost the entire world shall be found undone and desolate. Before these events happen, many rare birds will cry in the air, 'Now! Now!' and sometime later will vanish.
Nostradamus

That which neither weapon nor flame could accomplish will be achieved by a sweet speaking tongue in council.
Nostradamus

The inflated imitations of gold and silver, which after the rapture are thrown into the fire, all is exhausted and dissipated by the debt. All scrips and bonds are wiped out. At the fourth pillar dedicated to Saturn, split by earthquake and flood: vexing everyone, an urn of gold is found and then restored.
Nostradamus

Sooner and later you will see great changes made, dreadful horrors and vengeances. For as the Moon is thus led by its angel, the heavens draw near to the Balance.
Nostradamus

In the third month, the sun rising, the Boar and the Leopard on the field of Mars to fight; The tired Leopard raises its eye to the heavens, sees an eagle playing around the sun.
Nostradamus

The perfect knowledge of events cannot be acquired without divine inspiration, since all prophetic inspiration receives its prime motivating force from God the creator, then from good fortune and nature.
Nostradamus

At forty-five degrees, the sky will burn. Fire to approach the great new city; in an instant, a great scattered flame will leap up, when one will want to get evidence from the Normans.
Nostradamus

The present time, together with the past, shall be judged by a great jovialist.
Nostradamus

In the city that the wolf enters, enemies will be close by. An alien force will sack a great country. Allies will cross the mountains and the borders.
Nostradamus

The great earthquake shall be in the month of May; Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus; Venus, also Cancer, Mars in zero.
Nostradamus

Hercules King of Rome and of Annemark, three times one surnamed de Gaulle will lead, Italy and the one of St. Mark to tremble, first monarch, renowned above all.
Nostradamus

Because of the vulgar advent, I decided to give way and, by dark and cryptic sentences, tell of the causes of the future mutation of mankind; especially the most urgent ones, and the ones I perceived, and in a manner that would not upset their fragile sentiments.
Nostradamus

It is the circuit of the great ruinous deed when the name of the seventh is that of the fifth; when the third, even greater, the warlike stranger will take Paris, nor will Provence save her.
Nostradamus

A great stench will come from Lausanne, but they will not know its origin; they will put out all people from distant places, fire seen in the sky, a foreign nation defeated.
Nostradamus

The army of the sea shall stand before the city, then shall go away for a passage that shall not be very long, as a great prey of citizens shall be holding the ground. The fleet returns. The great emblem recovered.
Nostradamus

There will be a great loss of learning before the moon's full cycle is completed. Fire and floods will be fomented by ignorant rulers; much time will go by before it is rectified.
Nostradamus

Near the gates and within two cities there will be scourges the like of which was never seen: famine within plague, people put out by steel, crying to the great immortal God for relief.
Nostradamus

Earthshaking fire from the center of the Earth will cause tremors around the New City. Two great rocks will war for a long time, then Arethusa will redden a new river.
Nostradamus

A common soldier will make an empire, but he will eventually meet his fate and be condemned to the Great Rock.
Nostradamus

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/nostradamus

Margaret Chase Smith Quotes
American - Politician December 14, 1897 - May 29, 1995

Public service must be more than doing a job efficiently and honestly. It must be a complete dedication to the people and to the nation.
Margaret Chase Smith

The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.
Margaret Chase Smith

Every human being is entitled to courtesy and consideration. Constructive criticism is not only to be expected but sought.
Margaret Chase Smith

One of the basic causes for all the trouble in the world today is that people talk too much and think too little. They act impulsively without thinking.
Margaret Chase Smith

When people keep telling you that you can't do a thing, you kind of like to try it.
Margaret Chase Smith

Greatness is not manifested by unlimited pragmatism, which places such a high premium on the end justifying any means and any methods.
Margaret Chase Smith

I always try to think before I talk.
Margaret Chase Smith

Moral cowardice that keeps us from speaking our minds is as dangerous to this country as irresponsible talk.
Margaret Chase Smith

Smears are not only to be expected but fought. Honor is to be earned, not bought.
Margaret Chase Smith

Lee Remick Quotes
American - Actress December 14, 1935 - July 2, 1991

You can compare me with Greta Garbo. I have big feet, too.
Lee Remick

Breasts and bottoms look boringly alike. Faces, though, can be quite different and a damn sight more interesting!
Lee Remick

I make movies for grownups. When Hollywood starts making them again, I'll start acting in them again.
Lee Remick

I'm not an oddball.
Lee Remick

Ellen Willis Quotes
American - Writer December 14, 1941 - November 9, 2006

The struggle of democratic secularism, religious tolerance, individual freedom and feminism against authoritarian patriarchal religion, culture and morality is going on all over the world - including the Islamic world, where dissidents are regularly jailed, killed, exiled or merely intimidated and silenced.
Ellen Willis

I can't keep myself from playing roles. The emotionless decadent, looking for diversion from boredom, is a favorite.
Ellen Willis

On one level the sixties revolt was an impressive illustration of Lenin's remark that the capitalist will sell you the rope to hang him with.
Ellen Willis

For the most part, Americans speak of culture and politics as if they were two separate realms.
Ellen Willis

Give people the power to shape their lives to their liking, and their souls will take care of themselves.
Ellen Willis

Mass consumption, advertising, and mass art are a corporate Frankenstein; while they reinforce the system, they also undermine it.
Ellen Willis

By continually pushing the message that we have the right to gratification now, consumerism at its most expansive encouraged a demand for fulfillment that could not so easily be contained by products.
Ellen Willis

I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism.
Ellen Willis

As with fascism, the rise of Islamic totalitarianism has partly to do with its populist appeal to the class resentments of an economically oppressed population and to anger at political subordination and humiliation.
Ellen Willis

You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to surmise that war has a perverse appeal for the human race, nor is the attraction limited to religious fanatics committing mass murder and suicide for the greater glory of God.
Ellen Willis

To imagine that trauma casts out fantasy is a dangerous mistake.
Ellen Willis

My deepest impulses are optimistic, an attitude that seems to me as spiritually necessary and proper as it is intellectually suspect.
Ellen Willis

I believe that body and spirit are not really separate, though it often seems that way. I believe that redemption is never impossible and always equivocal. But I guess that I just don't know.
Ellen Willis

My education was dominated by modernist thinkers and artists who taught me that the supreme imperative was courage to face the awful truth, to scorn the soft-minded optimism of religious and secular romantics as well as the corrupt optimism of governments, advertisers, and mechanistic or manipulative revolutionaries.
Ellen Willis

The artificial separation of politics and culture is nowhere more pronounced than in the discourse of foreign policy and international affairs.
Ellen Willis

What cultural revolutionaries do not seem to grasp is that, far from being a grass-roots art form that has been taken over by businessmen, rock itself comes from the commercial exploitation of the blues.
Ellen Willis

I was a 'Big Brother' fan. I thought they were better musicians than their detractors claimed, but more to the point, technical accomplishment was not something I cared about.
Ellen Willis

Stanley Crouch Quotes
American - Critic Born: December 14, 1945

If there's an intellectual highway, there's also an intellectual subway.
Stanley Crouch

What we need in America is a renaissance. We need to go forward by going backward.
Stanley Crouch

Popular culture tells you that schools and parents don't know what's going on, the police are dogs, politicians are all liars and scum, and any crime that's not committed by the Mafia is done by the CIA.
Stanley Crouch

Under popular culture's obsession with a naive inclusion, everything is O.K.
Stanley Crouch

The high point of civilization is that you can hate me and I can hate you but we develop an etiquette that allows us to deal with each other because if we acted solely upon our impulse we'd probably go to war.
Stanley Crouch

When people conclude that all is futile, then the absurd becomes the norm.
Stanley Crouch

Unfortunately, I'm not a person that's always capable of living up to the Boy Scout philosophy.
Stanley Crouch

In America, we have to learn to be patient enough to figure out what somebody is saying. Somebody might actually be saying something.
Stanley Crouch

Our society has gotten to the point where we might soon become less and less shocked by any kind of violence.
Stanley Crouch

Now the writing in the head, I definitely do every day, thinking about how I want to phrase something or how I'd like to rephrase something I've already written.
Stanley Crouch

The discussion of ideas as opposed to the American narcissistic obsession with what's going on with the self, that's the general thing people are talking about.
Stanley Crouch

Getting to the pint where the other is not the enemy is a big leap.
Stanley Crouch

You'd never know that listening to people in the UN but tribalism is the father of racism.
Stanley Crouch

People don't really think other people are the same.
Stanley Crouch

Our job as writers and thinkers in the time is how to bring about the occasions that let people have that first-person experience - or the metaphoric experience that allows them to see human continuity as opposed to total threat, total willingness to do violence.
Stanley Crouch

As you know from reading many of these Negro writers, we don't deal too much with the discussion of democracy and what it means and how improvisation fits in all that.
Stanley Crouch

You can meet a young person who goes to school and is really enthusiastic, but if a sufficiently strong personality convinces them that this is a waste of time, that person might flunk out.
Stanley Crouch

Your ethnic or sexual identity, what region of the country you're from, what your class is - those aspects of your identity are not the same as your aesthetic identity.
Stanley Crouch

When you're artistic director of a program, you present the music you want to present.
Stanley Crouch

I wanted to get to that aesthetic proposition that comes out of learning the human elements of a world, so that those notes and rhythms mean something to you besides just the academic way in which they fall in place.
Stanley Crouch

All of us are made up of the stories that we listen to, the ones we disagree with and the ones that we agree with.
Stanley Crouch

I don't know any women who don't think about what they look like, and I don't know any men who don't think about what women look like.
Stanley Crouch

Louis Armstrong, who learned to be in exquisite dress, came from the bottom, and he's not a trash can.
Stanley Crouch

Rap actually comes out of punk rock, not black music.
Stanley Crouch

Everybody has to be reminded that there's another way to be. Another more mysterious, unpredictable way to be that's not necessarily based upon contrivances.
Stanley Crouch

I also wanted to do something that I hadn't really seen in almost any black novels, which was a complex love story in which both people were extremely intelligent and talented and understood a lot of things and were still at odds getting it together.
Stanley Crouch

Our democratic richness arrives when we're able to comprehend our collective humanity accurately.
Stanley Crouch

The grand irony, however, is that Southern segregation was not brought to an end, nor redneck violence dramatically reduced, by violence.
Stanley Crouch

Big business, for all its lobbying, is often put in line by investigative reporting, public scandals and multi-million-dollar judgments in court against those who put products on the market that are dangerous to their buyers.
Stanley Crouch

But the myth of violent solutions as the ultimate solutions maintains itself in much of popular media.
Stanley Crouch

When a violent minority that crosses color lines comes to believe that killing those you know or do not know is a reasonable solution to problems, we are in need of another vision.
Stanley Crouch

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions