SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 10 - 14 - 17 page 3

User
6 years ago

e. e. cummings Quotes
American - Poet October 14, 1894 - September 3, 1962

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
e. e. cummings

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.
e. e. cummings

A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.
e. e. cummings

Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
e. e. cummings

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
e. e. cummings

The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.
e. e. cummings

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance.
e. e. cummings

Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense.
e. e. cummings

Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e. e. cummings

To destroy is always the first step in any creation.
e. e. cummings

Kisses are a better fate than wisdom.
e. e. cummings

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.
e. e. cummings

Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.
e. e. cummings

A politician is an arse upon which everyone has sat except a man.
e. e. cummings

If a poet is anybody, he is somebody to whom things made matter very little - somebody who is obsessed by Making.
e. e. cummings

I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.
e. e. cummings

I imagine that yes is the only living thing.
e. e. cummings

America makes prodigious mistakes, America has colossal faults, but one thing cannot be denied: America is always on the move. She may be going to Hell, of course, but at least she isn't standing still.
e. e. cummings

It takes three to make a child.
e. e. cummings

Humanity I love you because when you're hard up you pawn your intelligence to buy a drink.
e. e. cummings

I like my body when it is with your body. It is so quite new a thing. Muscles better and nerves more.
e. e. cummings

Listen; there's a hell of a good universe next door: let's go.
e. e. cummings

Nothing recedes like progress.
e. e. cummings

Private property began the instant somebody had a mind of his own.
e. e. cummings

Be of love a little more careful than of anything.
e. e. cummings

At least the Pilgrim Fathers used to shoot Indians: the Pilgrim Children merely punch time clocks.
e. e. cummings

Unbeing dead isn't being alive.
e. e. cummings

To like an individual because he's black is just as insulting as to dislike him because he isn't white.
e. e. cummings

Lillian Gish Quotes
American - Entertainer October 14, 1896 - February 27, 1993

A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning.
Lillian Gish

You can get through life with bad manners, but it's easier with good manners.
Lillian Gish

What you get is a living, what you give is a life.
Lillian Gish

Never get caught acting.
Lillian Gish

The older I get, the more I believe in what I can't explain or understand, even more than the things that are explainable and understandable.
Lillian Gish

Young man, if God had wanted you to see me that way, he would have put your eyes in your bellybutton.
Lillian Gish

The stage was our school, our home, our life.
Lillian Gish

W. Edwards Deming Quotes
American - Scientist October 14, 1900 - December 20, 1993

Quality is everyone's responsibility.
W. Edwards Deming

A bad system will beat a good person every time.
W. Edwards Deming

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
W. Edwards Deming

Quality is pride of workmanship.
W. Edwards Deming

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best.
W. Edwards Deming

Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival.
W. Edwards Deming

It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.
W. Edwards Deming

Research shows that the climate of an organization influences an individual's contribution far more than the individual himself.
W. Edwards Deming

People with targets and jobs dependent upon meeting them will probably meet the targets - even if they have to destroy the enterprise to do it.
W. Edwards Deming

No one knows the cost of a defective product - don't tell me you do. You know the cost of replacing it, but not the cost of a dissatisfied customer.
W. Edwards Deming

We are here to make another world.
W. Edwards Deming

When a system is stable, telling the worker about mistakes is only tampering.
W. Edwards Deming

The result of long-term relationships is better and better quality, and lower and lower costs.
W. Edwards Deming

If you don't understand how to run an efficient operation, new machinery will just give you new problems of operation and maintenance. The sure way to increase productivity is to better administrate man and machine.
W. Edwards Deming

In Japan, a company worker's position is secure. He is retrained for another job if his present job is eliminated by productivity improvement.
W. Edwards Deming

'Quality' means what will sell and do a customer some good - at least try to.
W. Edwards Deming

Eliminate numerical quotas, including Management by Objectives.
W. Edwards Deming

Profit in business comes from repeat customers, customers that boast about your project or service, and that bring friends with them.
W. Edwards Deming

The emphasis should be on why we do a job.
W. Edwards Deming

Innovation comes from the producer - not from the customer.
W. Edwards Deming

What should be the aim of management? What is their job? Quality is the responsibility of the top people. Its origin is in the boardroom. They are the ones who decide.
W. Edwards Deming

The big problems are where people don't realise they have one in the first place.
W. Edwards Deming

Whenever there is fear, you will get wrong figures.
W. Edwards Deming

Lack of knowledge... that is the problem.
W. Edwards Deming

Customer expectations? Nonsense. No customer ever asked for the electric light, the pneumatic tire, the VCR, or the CD. All customer expectations are only what you and your competitor have led him to expect. He knows nothing else.
W. Edwards Deming

I am forever learning and changing.
W. Edwards Deming

People don't like to make mistakes.
W. Edwards Deming

Any manager can do well in an expanding market.
W. Edwards Deming

The average American worker has fifty interruptions a day, of which seventy percent have nothing to do with work.
W. Edwards Deming

If you do not know how to ask the right question, you discover nothing.
W. Edwards Deming

Rational behavior requires theory. Reactive behavior requires only reflex action.
W. Edwards Deming

All anyone asks for is a chance to work with pride.
W. Edwards Deming

Hold everybody accountable? Ridiculous!
W. Edwards Deming

You should not ask questions without knowledge.
W. Edwards Deming

The prevailing - and foolish - attitude is that a good manager can be a good manager anywhere, with no special knowledge of the production process he's managing. A man with a financial background may know nothing about manufacturing shoes or cars, but he's put in charge anyway.
W. Edwards Deming

In 1945, the world was in a shambles. American companies had no competition. So nobody really thought much about quality. Why should they? The world bought everything America produced. It was a prescription for disaster.
W. Edwards Deming

My mother was my biggest role model. She taught me to hate waste. We never wasted anything.
W. Edwards Deming

I predicted in 1950 that in five years, manufacturers the world over would be screaming for protection. It took only four years.
W. Edwards Deming

The prevailing system of management has crushed fun out of the workplace.
W. Edwards Deming

American management thinks that they can just copy from Japan. But they don't know what to copy.
W. Edwards Deming

You can not define being exactly on time.
W. Edwards Deming

Declining productivity and quality means your unit production costs stay high but you don't have as much to sell. Your workers don't want to be paid less, so to maintain profits, you increase your prices. That's inflation.
W. Edwards Deming

Export anything to a friendly country except American management.
W. Edwards Deming

Ruth Bernhard Quotes
German - Photographer October 14, 1905 - December 18, 2006

To me... San Francisco is an ideal city, intellectually stimulating and naturally beautiful. The oceans and forests are close enough to refresh the spirit; the architecture is always exciting.
Ruth Bernhard

I had a natural feeling for sculpture, and the nudes are my sculpture.
Ruth Bernhard

I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help.
Ruth Bernhard

The ground we walk on, the plants and creatures, the clouds above constantly dissolving into new formations - each gift of nature possessing its own radiant energy, bound together by cosmic harmony.
Ruth Bernhard

My quest, through the magic of light and shadow, is to isolate, to simplify, and to give emphasis to form with the greatest clarity.
Ruth Bernhard

To indicate the ideal proportion and reveal sculptural mass and the dominating spirit is my goal.
Ruth Bernhard

If I have chosen the female form in particular, it is because beauty has been debased and exploited in our sensual 20th century.
Ruth Bernhard

I allowed life to give me presents. And everything just sort of happened the way it was supposed to happen. I did not pursue anything. It more or less pursued me.
Ruth Bernhard

I never took a photograph. Instead, I became a good listener.
Ruth Bernhard

To raise, to elevate, to endorse with timeless reverence the image of woman has been my mission.
Ruth Bernhard

I look at ordinary objects, and I see things that other people don't see. That's why I'm a photographer.
Ruth Bernhard

I've always photographed beauty, but I've never been beautiful myself.
Ruth Bernhard

I learned early on that if I was to get attention, I would have to be charming. Even the models I've photographed are often like that. Some of them are not beautiful. But, if you catch them in the right light, they glow.
Ruth Bernhard

When I was young, anywhere I would go in Germany, I would see my father's posters. Everyone knew about him. And he had many friends who were artists who were also quite famous. So, for me, it seemed very natural to be an artist and be known.
Ruth Bernhard

It seems a perfectly normal thing to be 95.
Ruth Bernhard

I understood the craft of photography when done by an artist is art.
Ruth Bernhard

I have no regrets about my work. To be a photographer was a gift of the gods. I can't imagine anything that would have been better.
Ruth Bernhard

I'm no snapshot artist. I make very careful choices always, even if I'm using a 35mm camera.
Ruth Bernhard

I was a very, very careful printer when I used 8-by-10 film. I probably spent more time on printing than anything else. The more the prints were appreciated, the more time I spent on them.
Ruth Bernhard

Everything I do is a metaphor of the universal order.
Ruth Bernhard

I think of the nudes as seed pods, like flowers or grasses. They are universal bodies.
Ruth Bernhard

I always say yes to everything because I always feel that whatever comes my way, life meant for me.
Ruth Bernhard

Photographs speak to me, and I obey.
Ruth Bernhard

I feel that everything has to come from the heart, and it cannot come from the intellect.
Ruth Bernhard

I feel that is more important than my work, the influence I have on my students.
Ruth Bernhard

Seeing comes from the inside, from the heart, from life's experiences.
Ruth Bernhard

Comment (1)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012
More Discussions