SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 12 - 11 - 17

User
6 years ago

Hector Berlioz Quotes
French - Composer December 11, 1803 - March 8, 1869

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Hector Berlioz

Love cannot express the idea of music, while music may give an idea of love.
Hector Berlioz

The luck of having talent is not enough; one must also have a talent for luck.
Hector Berlioz

At least I have the modesty to admit that lack of modesty is one of my failings.
Hector Berlioz

Every composer knows the anguish and despair occasioned by forgetting ideas which one had no time to write down.
Hector Berlioz

Alfred de Musset Quotes
French - Writer December 11, 1810 - May 2, 1857

With a kiss let us set out for an unknown world.
Alfred de Musset

The return makes one love the farewell.
Alfred de Musset

Great artists have no country.
Alfred de Musset

One must not trifle with love.
Alfred de Musset

There is no worse sorrow than remembering happiness in the day of sorrow.
Alfred de Musset

The most despairing songs are the most beautiful, and I know some immortal ones that are pure tears.
Alfred de Musset

How glorious it is - and also how painful - to be an exception.
Alfred de Musset

I cannot help it - in spite of myself, infinity torments me.
Alfred de Musset

Each memorable verse of a true poet has two or three times the written content.
Alfred de Musset

Things they don't understand always cause a sensation among the English.
Alfred de Musset

Max Born Quotes
German - Mathematician December 11, 1882 - January 5, 1970

The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world.
Max Born

I am now convinced that theoretical physics is actually philosophy.
Max Born

There are two objectionable types of believers: those who believe the incredible and those who believe that 'belief' must be discarded and replaced by 'the scientific method.
Max Born

And the continuity of our science has not been affected by all these turbulent happenings, as the older theories have always been included as limiting cases in the new ones.
Max Born

Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless.
Max Born

If God has made the world a perfect mechanism, He has at least conceded so much to our imperfect intellect that in order to predict little parts of it, we need not solve innumerable differential equations, but can use dice with fair success.
Max Born

Paul Greengard Quotes
American - Scientist Born: December 11, 1925

In terms of the brain, you can in a crude way think of the human brain as a computer.
Paul Greengard

We do not know with any of these neuropsychiatric disorders what the ultimate basis is. Let's say you could find that too much of protein X was involved in schizophrenia. Would you then know what schizophrenia is? You would not.
Paul Greengard

Modesty isn't one of my strong suits.
Paul Greengard

The knowledge we have of communication among cells does not permit my giving you a sophisticated understanding.
Paul Greengard

It's a tragedy for society to spend decades training people and then depriving them of work at some arbitrary age.
Paul Greengard

I'm sure our brains are working unconsciously. When you have a creative thought, it's parts of the brain talking to each other without your awareness.
Paul Greengard

I have a lot of confidence through my accomplishments. I'm always trying to prove I'm not the worthless child they say I was.
Paul Greengard

I didn't want to spend my life contributing to the development of more atomic weaponry.
Paul Greengard

My philosophy is that we should ask the most important question that's capable of being solved.
Paul Greengard

The fact is all of the most highly successful scientists I know work practically all the time.
Paul Greengard

You should only go into science if you really have a yearning to make scientific discoveries.
Paul Greengard

Science is not the glamour that's portrayed in films. It's a lot of drudgery work, along with the wonderfully exciting periods when you discover something.
Paul Greengard

Brenda Lee Quotes
American - Musician Born: December 11, 1942

I wasn't aware of it at the time, but I was a big favorite with the Mafia.
Brenda Lee

The music business can be very cold. And it doesn't honor its elders.
Brenda Lee

I always felt that I was one of the women who helped lay the foundation for rock and roll. But I'd always been overlooked by the Hall of Fame.
Brenda Lee

The amazing thing is that I'm sane. I'm not bitter. I'm not drugged out. I'm not broke. I'm still married to the same guy. My children don't hate me.
Brenda Lee

I always loved reading. I always was the spelling bee champion. I always loved words. I always wanted to know what they meant, why you used them, who first said them. I was always interested in that.
Brenda Lee

Whatever happened to the tomboy I used to be, the slightly rebellious rocker?
Brenda Lee

God has never disappointed me.
Brenda Lee

A lot of people thought I'd died, because of your coverage, they know I'm still around.
Brenda Lee

I'm not used to introspection. I've never lingered on my feelings. The show must go on.
Brenda Lee

John Lennon was very irreverent and very intelligent.
Brenda Lee

'I'm Sorry' was one of the first songs to come out of Nashville using strings.
Brenda Lee

When 'I'm Sorry' came out and became such a huge hit, that made 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree' start selling. Then that became a huge, huge hit.
Brenda Lee

I don't think you ever get tired of the well-written, well-crafted songs.
Brenda Lee

I only wish Chet Atkins could be here for this joyous occasion.
Brenda Lee

I gave up my childhood for a career.
Brenda Lee

I still don't look at myself as a star. I've always had a thankful heart.
Brenda Lee

I still sing because I love the sound of applause, because it's who I am, and because I still can.
Brenda Lee

I've spent an awful lot of my time in the air. I've had everything happen to me in a plane that could happen. Except a crash.
Brenda Lee

The Beatles were raw musically, but I think they really had something.
Brenda Lee

I was nuts about Elvis, like every girl in America.
Brenda Lee

I believe I became one of the first singers to be launched via television exposure. I guess I was a new kind of musical stylist for a new kind of media.
Brenda Lee

The word matters in country music, and it always has. And everybody had lived those words in country songs.
Brenda Lee

I've always gone to see all kinds of shows and stole what I could, as we all do. We see an artist and hear a song and think, 'I bet I could sing that song. I'll put that in my show.'
Brenda Lee

I had been singing since I was 3 years old, so my love of singing was always there.
Brenda Lee

I didn't really have an agenda for my talent. I just wanted to be able to sing.
Brenda Lee

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions