SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

Desperation

cpartist
6 years ago

So the flooring guys screwed up putting down our engineered wood flooring in our living room/dining room/ kitchen area. Why did they screw it up? Because they thought they knew better. Both the supervisor (it's a new build custom home) and myself asked them countless times, "don't you need to put down leveler on our slab?"

There answer was, "the floor isn't so bad. We can just grind down the high spots."

Once the flooring went in and the cabinets started to go in, it became apparent that it required more than just grinding down. My floors were off 3/4" in 10'. The flooring was pulled up. Leveler went down and the floors are being corrected.

The flooring in the rest of the house is leveled correctly and it's already installed.

However, now my flooring won't be here until the end of January at the earliest and that's if it doesn't get held up in customs. I need the flooring in to get my CO so I'm asking here if anyone knows of anyone who might have my flooring. The distributors supposedly have already checked, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask here.

I need something like 15 boxes of Kahrs Canvas Collection. Color Bristle. The floorboards are 5" wide x 72" long.

If not that, does anyone know of an engineered wood floor product that would work with the Kahrs wood floors?

The flooring is self contained in the living/dining/kitchen area as seen in my illustration below. The green areas are where the Kahr's flooring has already been laid. The yellow areas are tile floors. The blue area is where I need to match the flooring or possibly find something that would work with the floors. In the rest of the house, the flooring runs north/south, but in the kitchen/living/dining room we're running it east/west.

Comments (7)