SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smithlaser1

Desperate for Blah Beige Update (on budget)!

Ann Westfall
5 months ago

Hello! We recently purchased a house that was built in the early 2000s and is completely done in various shades of beige. The walls, trim, even all the furniture that came with it is beige or brown. We eventually plan on gutting the kitchen, but that’s quite a way down the road (5+ years). In the meantime, I want to paint the cabinets and update the hardware, faucets and lights. I’m hoping to stay under $500 for the entire project, so we are stuck with the countertop. My husband and I are very capable of doing all the work ourselves, so the main question right now is paint color. I was leaning toward SW Urbane Bronze on the island and SW Shoji White on the other cabinets. However, I am concerned that this would be way too light for the rest of the house. The style of the home is Eastern European - very ornate and heavy details. Any suggestions as to what would work best as a semi-temporary solution in terms of color choices for the cabinets that works with the existing countertop and floor? TIA for any advice/suggestions!!

Comments (14)