SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri127

Please help me choose metal finishes in kitchen.

cheri127
6 years ago

This is a cross post in Design Dilemmas but I'm not getting any feedback there. :( Maybe someone here can help me.

I'm almost done a new build at the beach and have a small problem. I didn't realize that the architect specified ORB hardware for the back sliding doors. Now they're in but there is no other ORB in the house. The lighting fixtures in the rest of the house and interior door hardware are unlaquered or antique brass and I was planning on doing the kitchen pendants in antique brass as well. The faucets and cabinet hardware are polished nickel. I don't like having this random third metal thrown into the mix but the handles are really, really nice. I could 1) make the pendants ORB, 2) change the door handles to white (I don't like Andersen's antique brass) or 3) change the pendants to antique nickel. The floors are gray stained white oak and the peninsula overhang will be edge grain walnut. All of the window hardware is white.

(Please ignore what look like flaws in the design...the second sink is more of a bar sink, not really a prep sink. Also the sliding door opening from the wrong side and a few of the bad light positions are being addressed). Thanks for whatever advice you can offer. I'm incapable of making decisions at this point.

Comment