SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Cravings

Funkyart
6 years ago

I don't tend to get cravings for the things others talk about-- chocolate (just don't care for it) or other sweets (with a few exceptions, I can generally take them or leave them). There are only a few times I remember having intense cravings.. once was for meat.. red meat served medium rare.. the other time was for cocktail sauce of all things. I am of the mind that a true craving reflects something your body needs. Some agree with this, some don't. I don't have many cravings so I typically indulge them.

My most recent craving is kind of perplexing. I am craving APPLES. Sure, it's a good time of year for apples.. and they are especially good this year.. but why apples? I stopped at the store the other day when I wasn't feeling well. I skipped many things I needed..but made sure to get apples. Not one bag-- but 2 bags of apples!! (I live alone-- so I never even buy "bags" of apples!) I am going with it.. but this one has me stumped. Meat = iron, cocktail sauce = salt, apples = what? Water? Sugar?

What do you crave? Do you have cravings often?

Comments (13)