SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marina_temkin

Bad floors?- please help

Marina Temkin
6 years ago

I purchased my floors from a reputable dealer. The floor was on sale in the showroom because somebody had a return, but there was also a very large display, so I thought I had a good idea of what I was getting. Here is a pic of the display:

I didn't supervise the installation process because I was not a feeling well for a bit, but the installer came hardly recommended so I trusted him. After the floor was installed, I noticed that there are some weird gray spots, as a if paint was poured in to fill a hole. This effect is much less noticeable during the day when the place is flooded with light. However, in the evening under the new recessed artificial lights the whole floor looks dirty and odd. Here are some photos:

I wrote to the store and they said this is gray epoxy filling and that's how the floor is manufactured. This is not what I thought I was buying and it bothers me immensely. People who come over also say that the floor looks odd. I asked the installer and he said this gray spots are common, but he did say that during the installation process bad planks are sometimes thrown away. I also have a feeling he is covering his ass. He should have told me about this issue.

What are my options now? This is a floating engineered floor. Can they replace certain planks? This would be like 20% of the floor. Can I force the seller to refund me or ask the installer to redo the job for free? Or do I just learn to live with a dirty floor, which is otherwise pretty nice.

Thanks

Comments (16)