SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

On the mend. Finally.

User
6 years ago

I had my surgery two weeks ago today. I am on my last day of "sick leave" although I do have the weekend, which I don't count because I don't work weekends. ;) Anyway, I ended up with the worst chest cold I've ever had in my life. One night I went to bed at 6:30 at night and didn't get up until 8:30 the next morning but spend most of that time hacking up a lung. I could barely get air half the time. And when I did finally manage to crawl out of bed, I was back in bed an hour later and napped for 2 hours at a time. That's how I spent my first week recooperating from varicose vein surgery! My leg is healing nicely though. :) It's still very black and blue and looks like I got hit by a bus. I wear a compression stocking just on the one leg and it helps the pressure I feel inside. But this cold! My husband said I should have seen a doctor and I really should have. There were a few times I was ready to go to the ER. But the thought of getting dressed and leaving the house only to sit with people who were sicker than me while I hacked up who knows what just made me panic so I stayed home. I had bronchitis a few months ago, and didn't feel half as sick as I did this time. I think I had it again, only a worse case of it. Two days ago, I finally felt enough energy to go to the mall where I bought multi-vitamins, Vitamin E and I already have Vitamin C so I'm downing vitamins (only as many as the bottle says to take). It seems to be helping. Last night I slept 10 hours and according to my Sleep Bot app on my phone, I only coughed once at 1:30 and I slept through it! I felt like I hit the lottery this morning. LOL

Off to take a shower, then head to Costco. My grandson is out of yogurt tubes and he loves his yogurt tubes. :) And coffee almost tastes like coffee for the first time in two weeks, so that means my taste buds are finally getting better too! I lost ten pounds! I couldn't eat more than the odd slice of toast, but I did have a fruit craving so my husband bought me a "fruit wheel" at the grocery store. It had 3 different melons, grapes and pineapple. It went down nicely and the water in the fruit felt so good.

Welp! Off to take that shower and see how long I can walk for today. I talked to one of my managers and said I may spend a lot of time in the office sitting on Monday until I'm back to 100%. She's fine with that. Although she doesn't work with me until late afternoon.......... So won't care, she won't be there. LOL

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County