SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginareid

Possible Delta tub filler defect, who’s responsible.

I finished a master bathroom remodel for a long time repeat client. I was paid a flat fee to design and oversee the remodel. I brought my client to a large kitchen and bath showroom and passed along my discount to her without a mark up fee. I introduced her to my sales rep, held her hand and gave her my opinion on all the items she was purchasing using her own CC. A week after the tub filler was installed ($1400.00 Delta free standing tub filler), she noticed it was leaking. My GC went back and tightened everything up, but it was still leaking. Delta sent a new cartridge which my GC replaced. Client brought in her own plumber. Again still leaking. I’m going back and forth communicating with the bathroom showroom, Delta, GC and and now her plumber. I specifically told her to tell her new plumber to open up the cartridge to look for sediments or maybe it’s a corroded copper pipes (blue water leaking but too long to explain). Well it turns out her plumber did not check the cartridge sediments and only checked for water pressure because she didn’t want to pay him to do any additional work. I’m super frustrated and need advice if I’m going well beyond my job description. She picked out this faucet, she paid for it with her own CC, but it was my source. Who’s responsible here? I feel that it’s between her, the showroom and Delta. What do you all think? Sorry for the long post. Thank you!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022