SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariazyousaf

Kitchen design help needed

bree's mom
6 years ago

I'm looking for some help redesigning my kitchen. The room is 15x10, with a door leading to the kitchen from the dining room, and another door leading to the kitchen from the living room. I have two narrow windows that face the backyard. These windows are 17 inches off the floor and go close to the ceiling. They are also 11 inches from the wall (so any cabinets would overlap).

The current kitchen layout is a u-shaped layout. The layout itself is very efficient for one cook. The problem I'm trying to solve is to open up the room to make better use of the space, and to replace out-dated cabinets and flooring. I have old vinyl sheet flooring and the 70's oak cabinet door (although doors and cabinets are in good shape).

This is a rendering of the room in the ikea kitchen planner. The wall with the fridge is 79 inches to the door trim. The wall with the stove is ~110 inches to the end of the pennisula. The wall with the pennisula is 84 inches. The pennisula has a large single sink and dishwasher. Right now the sink is in a 32 inch cabinet.The door on the fridge wall leads to a small 10x10 dining room. The door opposite the stove leads to the living room. Between the kitchen and living room is a load bearing wall with hvac, plumbing and electrical. The kitchen and dining room wall isn't load bearing.

Comments (34)