SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamperedpeeps6aneoh

Virus-free Canna Sources?

Could you guys please tell me if Eden Brothers or Horn Canna Farm have healthy, virus-free cannas? I don't recall Eden Brothers being mentioned here before, but I did read some old posts about Horn Canna Farm having had virused plants around 2008. After reading through their website recently, it sounds like Horn has been working on cleaning things up. Has anyone ordered from them within the past year or two, and what is the latest "verdict" on the health of their current stock? If anyone can recommend other good sources (including any specific eBay sellers) that preferably have cannas for around/under $10ea, please let me know.

I've seen Karchesky Canna, Brian's Botanicals, and Florida Hill Nursery recommended here several times. Karchesky doesn't seem too bad price-wise for the quality, but has not been responsive to email. Brian's is a bit too high for me, and Florida Hill is sold out.
Plant Delights Nursery, Brent and Becky's Bulbs, and Park Seed have also been mentioned as good sources, but Plant Delights is way too high for me, Brent and Becky's has no pricing that I can see, and I'm not too interested in growing from seed.

I realize that all sources don't do pre-orders, but I'm trying to decide ahead on where to get some Spring cannas from. Got some late/Fall rhizomes from eBay this year, but they are tiny (2in long with only 1 eye), and between that and the fact that it's my first time overwintering indoors, don't have very high hopes for them still being alive come Spring. Although this seller was very nice and knowledgeable, the tiny rhizome size has me wanting to check out other sources for potential Spring orders. Thanks in advance!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor