SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marria77

Please help me design/style around this dark red living room wall

marria77
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi! I live in an apartment with a dark red accent wall that I do not like but cannot paint. i should say my preferred style is mid century modern and transitional and I had always loved my grey couch and had blue accents with blue/purple abstract art for design...that doesn't work with my new place of course. So the best I habe been able to come up with in 2 years is what you see- tapestries and a global element. I should also add that since I. Cannot afford good art I love- I prefer to style with beloved items from travel or art I can make with my kids (I am not a good artist but seeing that personal stuff makes me happy...and I don't mind including some stuff from target etc but like focal points to be personal if possible).

I am including the photo of what I have now- a beloved tapestry from travel (normally I wouldn't want tapestry or thisxdesin to be a main focal point but it's all I have that seems to work) flanked by two store bought tapestries...but i feel it doesn't look right (maybe too college dorm-ish??).

I am also including a photo of the wall across from couch (fire place with large homemade with kids art piece). I am also including a bunch of random art ish things around the house that could maybe be used towards a gallery wall???

basicslly I need some serious help to make this look my stylized and polished- using things that are inexpensive and/or I can make.

Please help!!

Comments (15)