SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just_terrilynn

Food items to send as gift ideas pls

just_terrilynn
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm stumped for gifts for my dad and his wife. He has everything he needs for his great outdoors lifestyle. This includes things to smoke, grill, brine, vac seal and you name it. His wife is sweet but I don't really know her well. Part of their joint gift will be a gift certificate to a nearby restaurant. They have a freezer full of game and fresh water fish. She bakes the bread. Dad brings his cheese in from Canada and Wisconsin.

I know they enjoy steaks, chicken wings, shrimp and crab. Rare treats are anything non venison , turkey, bear, rabbit, goose or fish. They also like desert type things as well or specialty side dishes.

If they are not doing an outdoor activity they enjoy having her kids and grandkids over or going to the nearby restaurant. Most gift certificate type things are out due to their somewhat remote location at dad's retirement home along a river way up north.

So, I'm thinking food because I can't think of nothing else. Ideas? Oh, they make all their own sauces so no jars of stuff. I also don't like prepared food baskets lately due to all the filler junk and cheap cheese.

I've done the feather blanket, sofa throw, good knives, hotel rooms and weather related gadgets. I'm coming up empty. Dads wife did mention she worries about something happening to him when he goes off on his own in the woods. If something happened she wouldn't know where to look.

Thats all I got!

Comments (34)