SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aburns0

To wood, or not to wood ceilings? Will it look low?

ashley
6 years ago

I am thinking of wooding my ceilings but after seeing pictures of flat ceilings, not vaulted, I'm worried it'll make the ceiling look super low and the room small. My ceilings are 9ft tall so taller than standard but I'm not sure that'll make a difference. Also my floors are wood and my trim is stained wood also. 1. Is this too much wood? (walls are beige)

2. Is there a way to wood the ceilings that it wont look low like a certain stain color or something?

3. since it's higher than normal, I've seen ceilings that the ceiling is wooded on the actual height in the middle and about a foot from the wall drops down and slants about a foot to make a semi vault look (I don't know what it's actually called) but would that help it look tall? (pictures below, one sort of shows what I'm trying to describe but i want just the wood plants, no beams and not that steep of a drop.) Second picture is the sort of theme/style I'm going for in my bedrooms, the lodge style so wood everywhere is perfect and in my opinion you can never have enough wood haha just concerned about the ceiling when it's not vaulted. Picture 3 is my room. It's 15x15 and a beige colored paint, 9ft high ceilings 2 2x6 on one wall that my bed is between and one 5x6 window on the other wall.

Comments (22)