SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allison704

And so it begins...

Allison0704
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

DH and I bought my mother's house from her estate last week. We are gutting the kitchen, pantry, laundry, two bathrooms (master 1st floor and second master 2nd floor). Replacing all carpet and hardwood in kitchen with French White Oak flooring. Painting every square inch of the interior. Extensively landscaping. Adding an exercise pool and hot tub. Removing one sunroom and returning it to deck. Removing the original honeycomb shades and 4" wood shutters and doing drapes. I'm probably leaving something out.

fyi, the house is concrete and steel. The interior studs are metal. Exterior is limestone with sandstone keys/window surrounds. Hasn't budged a fraction since it was built.

Kitchen Before (only change they made since building in 1985 - retile backsplash, new SZ and oven - sold oven the first day on local trading app). The guy we hired to gut took all the lowers to use in his river cabin. He said I am "the only person he knows that tears up a perfectly good house." He doesn't know me very well. :D

End of Day 1

Breakfast room area in kitchen

End of Day 2

Switching the locations of master bathroom (no windows/it's a hole) with master closet.

Standing in master bedroom looking into master closet with Mom's sink vanity. Blue tape on the floor is new shower location.

Standing inside bathroom area looking into closet.

Little wall will come out. Area with ladder will be two sinks. Yellow bucket is in future shower (Mom's previous sink location, above)

More in next post.

Comments (180)