SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Good morning!

Kathsgrdn
6 years ago

Just got off work a little bit ago. Came home and pinched my middle finger somehow opening my coffee mug lid to wash it. I managed to cut a chunk of tissue out of my finger! Wanting to put liquid bandaid on it but am not ready for the added pain-lol.

Busy week for me, working all but Thursday. Have a temporary crown being put on that day. Wednesday is my mammogram and U/S before work. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up the films from the first mammogram so I can take it with me Wednesday.

Last night was weird. Wind was so bad it blew the power out. A little while later the lights flickered 3 times along with a loud banging noise...the loud noise happened when the lights first went out too. Then Lauren says there are strange lights outside my house. A couple trucks, neighbors outside their house, then flashing lights around the cul-de-sac, an ambulance, and fire truck. They were there for a long time, fire truck left as did the flashing light vehicle but the ambulance and truck stayed for a long time. I went to bed really early and Alex told me they were there for hours. He was sleeping during the first part of the night. Still don't know what happened.

Alex is in Louisville now, goes to Lackland for basic tomorrow. Only thing is he is not going to be learning Mandarin Chinese, so he had to pick something else and he chose Russian. He was a little disappointed. At least he is finally going.

My daughter has a job! It's a temporary seasonal job.

It is cold and rainy here again.

Hope you all have a great day!

Comments (13)

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    6 years ago

I will or at least plan to be home today, and probably just be doing the usual house hold chores. Tomorrow may be a different story. It is still over cast here. I have had breakfast and have taken his breakfast upstairs to him. Izzi too has gobbled down her bit of food also. I hope your finger is better soon.

Sue

• nicole___
    6 years ago

Kath...hope your finger is better now. Your daughter has a job. Nice! Son is learning Russian....I'm jealous. I want to learn Mandarin or take more Spanish.

It's overcast & drizzling here. It should burn off. Laundry & cooking until it does.

• ladypat1
    6 years ago

Oh, Boy, Kathleen! Basic training. I don't do well with missing my kids. I hated it when my senior students came and said goodbye before they left. But it was so fun when they came back to school in their uniforms to show off. Now I am interested in your mystery emergency in your neighborhood.

Taking the 2 dogs to vet today for yearly shots and check up. Always traumatic for all 3 of us! Even with dog Xanax. Then going to vote in city election. After that, over to Mom's who says one of her toilets is not working. ( I am not a plumber). oh fun....

• schoolhouse_gw
    6 years ago

I had to get outside this morning for some air, yesterday with the exception of some early shopping I was in the house all day. So I switched out my Halloween decor on the mailbox for Thanksgiving, took up some chicken wire pieces that I had put down with staples after planting tulips several weeks ago. There had been a skunk digging up the yard and other areas so I wanted to at least try to deter him from the new bulbs. Guess it worked, will see if he comes back now that the protection is off.

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Moni, still no idea about the other night.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    6 years ago

I hope your finger is better now. As I age, my skin is just so fragile.

• kathyg_in_mi
    6 years ago

Liquid bandage is great, but does sting a bit!

• jewels_ks
    6 years ago

I worked today and then came home and made a breakfast casserole for my meeting tonight. Today was a cold day too, but tomorrow is suppose to warm up a bit.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

I did the normal daily routine. Dust, make beds, vacuum, dishes ect ect. We had leftovers for dinner, beef stew, ham bbq, salad, and baked apples the kids polished off. Tomorrow I'll make a meatloaf, baked potatoes, green beans and probably finish off the few pieces of fruit unless the boys eat them with breakfast.

I have my sons winter jacket in the washer now, down filled so I'm using Heavy Duty, 130F, Fairy non-bio detergent and 4 rinses. I really could kick my own rear for washing this tonight since *down* takes forever to dry. I suppose I'll be up until midnight...again. LOL. So I may as well try to wash a gentle cycle load that gets hung up to dry while the jackets in the dryer. I need either candy or coffee or even better BOTH. I'm going to settle for a handful of Cracklin Oat Bran cereal dry.I love this stuff for a snack and a cup of decaf tea.

Kath how's the finger? Last week I was closing up a wooden TV tray and pinched my finger. It ripped off a hunk of skin and hurt like the dickins.

Its going down in the 20's tonight, brrr, too cold for me.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I had to drive. All day yesterday. There was so much rain in the area, three counties closed schools. I took the boy into downtown, rather than make him ride the bus in those conditions. Then, I grabbed a cup of coffee and picked up my mom for her second follow up to her knee replacement surgery. They said she did well with her PT and released her to drive! Yahoo! You shoulda seen her face light up. She's had a sinus infection and UTI, so I had to take her to that appointment when done with her knee. We had lunch-burgers and fries. Yay! We're both lacking. I haven't been eating as much bad stuff, and she's been stuck at home. After lunch, since she still didn't have her car, I took her to get her prescription for her antibiotics filled and new filters for her hearing aid. Then, I had to drive to the southeast side of town for an errand. Then, I had to drive to work (for a whole hour and half) on the west side of town. Back into downtown to pick up the boy after school and fencing, and head back home to the northeast side of town. Drive, drive, drive. I think I visited every part of Nashville yesterday, except the northwest portion. I was never so happy to be at home sitting on the couch and vegging out as I was yesterday evening.

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    6 years ago

MamapinkyO, finger is much better. No more pain. Rob333, sounds exhausting, hope you get some rest today.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

no rest for the weary. I too have a sinus infection (bacterial and fungal), and on antibiotics that have given me a rash this morning :( I am finally getting relief (as of about ten minutes ago) from a double dose of an antihistamine. Whew. I was scratching every inch of my body. I never had chicken pox, so I was imagining what it must be like and it made laugh. And empathize for anyone who itches everywhere, all at once, wildly, knowing you shouldn't scratch it. Made me feel better to laugh.