SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 11 - 6 - 17 page 4

User
6 years ago

I read the paper every day and the Bible every day; that way I know what both sides are up to.
Zig Ziglar

A plan is always successful if the plan is good.
Zig Ziglar

We hear tears loudly on this side of Heaven. What we don't take time to contemplate are the even louder cheers on the other side of death's valley.
Zig Ziglar

If you're going to have to swallow a frog, you don't want to have to look at that sucker too long!
Zig Ziglar

Goals enable you to do more for yourself and others, too.
Zig Ziglar

You do not pay the price of success, you enjoy the price of success.
Zig Ziglar

Little men with little minds and little imaginations go through life in little ruts, smugly resisting all changes which would jar their little worlds.
Zig Ziglar

Only men of character are trusted.
Zig Ziglar

The problem is not getting rid of fear, but using it properly.
Zig Ziglar

The successful business executive can handle challenges and solve problems at a remarkable clip.
Zig Ziglar

For 24 years of my adult life, by choice I weighed well over 200 pounds. I say 'by choice' because I have never 'accidentally' eaten anything, so when I choose to eat too much, I have chosen to weigh too much.
Zig Ziglar

At 25, I was in the audience of my first professional speaker, Bob Bales. His presentation got my attention. I had never seen anyone having so much fun 'at work' and getting paid for it!
Zig Ziglar

The six people who had the biggest impact on my life were all women. Had I been sexist, my life would have been far less fulfilling.
Zig Ziglar

Athletic skills are acquired over a long period of time and after countless hours of practice.
Zig Ziglar

Reading has been the fuel of my motivation: it has changed the direction in which I have traveled, and it has enhanced my creative imagination more than any other activity I have ever pursued.
Zig Ziglar

A lot of people quit looking for work as soon as they find a job.
Zig Ziglar

Timid salesmen have skinny kids.
Zig Ziglar

Yes, it's absolutely true that anything worth doing is worth doing poorly - until you can learn to do it well.
Zig Ziglar

All one needs to do is read - books, magazines, research the Internet - and pay attention to the influencers in their lives to discover the myriad people of strong moral character who have and still are making positive, meaningful contributions and differences in our world.
Zig Ziglar

I once dieted so religiously I quit eating in church.
Zig Ziglar

When you are truly interested in other people, you will learn what they are interested in and if they have a need for your product. If they like you, and most people like folks who take an interest in them, they'll help you find people who do need what you have to sell, even if they don't.
Zig Ziglar

When you make a promise, keep it.
Zig Ziglar

My favorite writers are all Jews - David, Solomon, Matthew, Mark - well, you get the picture.
Zig Ziglar

Be there for your kids. Later, when you need them, they'll be there for you.
Zig Ziglar

I'm constantly amazed that owners and managers of all businesses don't train their people to call the person who pays by credit card by name. It definitely makes the customer feel good and will be a factor in bringing them back to your place of business.
Zig Ziglar

There is a certain amount of dissatisfaction that goes with knowing your time, talent and abilities are not being properly used.
Zig Ziglar

Champions invariably have fervent philosophical beliefs. Philosophy, in its simplest terms, means 'the love of wisdom.'
Zig Ziglar

Building a better you is the first step to building a better America.
Zig Ziglar

Many people who want to be great aren't willing to do the work to make it possible!
Zig Ziglar

Andy Andrews is the best speaker I have ever seen.
Zig Ziglar

When you give directives to a child, especially a teenager, you must consider the nature of your child.
Zig Ziglar

I'm convinced that what kids need today are parents - not buddies. They need someone who will exercise mature judgment.
Zig Ziglar

I was in that part of the class that made the top half possible.
Zig Ziglar

When I became proficient as a salesman I was invited to teach new hires.
Zig Ziglar

I've got to confess I'm a pragmatic optimist myself.
Zig Ziglar

I am convinced after more than 50 years in the field of motivation that anyone who wants to learn to look at life and/or their circumstances in a positive light can do so.
Zig Ziglar

It will be disastrous when a leader or manager shows up with one attitude one day and treats people with a different attitude the next day.
Zig Ziglar

Kids instinctively know - although they will argue to the contrary - that they really are not mature enough to make good decisions on some important issues.
Zig Ziglar

Wally Amos is the classic example of a man who gets up again and again.
Zig Ziglar

If your watch is slow by just four minutes, that's not much - unless you've been warned that if you're even one minute late ever again you will be fired. Then four minutes make a big difference.
Zig Ziglar

My first professional job was to sell heavy-duty waterless cookware.
Zig Ziglar

Most people consider me an optimist because I laughingly state that I would take my last two dollars and buy a money belt.
Zig Ziglar

When there is no job related stress, you are more aware of your mate and children, if you are a parent.
Zig Ziglar

Husbands and wives, have fun with each other. I'm convinced it makes all the difference in the world.
Zig Ziglar

There's never been a doctor who served many patients who, despite their best efforts, did not lose some of them to death. But they understood that was part of life itself.
Zig Ziglar

Berlie Doherty Quotes
English - Novelist Born: November 6, 1943

I love to watch the movement of light on water, and I love to play in rivers and lakes, swimming or canoeing. I am fascinated by people who work with water - fishermen, boatmen - and by a way of life that is dominated by water.
Berlie Doherty

The sea was at the bottom of my road, and I seemed to spend my childhood in it or on it, hearing, tasting, smelling it. Now, still, I need to be near water as often as possible.
Berlie Doherty

I wrote 'Snowy' as a result of spending a week on a narrow boat with daily classes of children, helping them to write about canal life, the work of barges, the simple pleasure of watching the water creatures. There was no doubt that the star of their week was Snowy, the working barge horse who pulled us daily along the towpath.
Berlie Doherty

I love writing picture books and story books because of the exciting, visual life that artists and illustrators give to them. And most of all, I love writing novels because of the inner, emotional journeys that they take me on. Hopefully, the reader comes with me!
Berlie Doherty

I met Eva Ibbotson before I became a writer myself, and was in awe of her then.
Berlie Doherty

As long as I'm able to write across the media and across the age groups, I'm happy.
Berlie Doherty

I love writing plays because they are living, fluid things that are energised by the producer, designers, musicians, actors and audience.
Berlie Doherty

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions