SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgehadji

One single decorative wood ceiling beam... random?

6 years ago

Since I can remember I’ve been obsessed with exposed wood beams, and have dreamt of having a house with them. Long story short... I’m on my third home purchase, but alas, they always tick every other box.... just not my coveted exposed beam. The house we just bought is a 2600 sqft single story, which is Southwest/Spanish style on the exterior... but contemporary on the interior. We have a nice open concept great room with 10 ft ceilings, and I envision a nice faux ceiling beam running across the living room/kitchen threshold. My wife thinks it will look very random to just have one exposed beam in the house, and will look out of place with the interior architecture. She is probably right, as my wife normally is in life. But I just can’t help liking the look of it, and want to make sure it’s not just my obsession fueling me liking it. It’s hard for me to be objective. I would greatly welcome and appreciate your opinions on the matter.

here is a rough/and horribly drawn mock up of what the beam would look like in our new house.

thanks!!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert