SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jesk28

Updating high ranch exterior-- need your advice!

jesk28
6 years ago

Hi everyone- Thanks in advance for your design advice and input! We are finally updating our exterior with new siding, shutters, etc and I dont know where to start! We are on a very tight budget so cannot make architectural changes to the house, as much as I would love to. For now, we are removing cedar siding and replacing with vinyl (will do shakes in front). Can you please help me decide on siding color and what to do with this brick?? I have seen some houses that keep the multi-colored red brick and when matched with updated siding (maybe grey?) and new shutters (black?) it looks much better, but I am considering painting the brick to match the siding (anyone have experience with this and know if this is a wise choice) or would love to remove/cover the brick with siding or another stone. Also, suggestions for front door? I'd love to remove/replace with a nicer (uniform colored) door and get rid of the storm door. Railings have already been painted black (see first pic).

Would love any and all thoughts of what to do with our 70s house to make it look more updated! Thank you!!!!

Comments (2)