SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shauneen_wintersteen

Please Help! Exterior update 50's lake ranch- siding/roof/appeal

s wint
3 years ago

Please help! Seeking ideas and advice! I can't decide on siding/shingles colors. I live on a small lake in Michigan with lots of cloudy days, the house is small and am concerned that if I go with a darker color siding/roof it may look boxy? I'd love ideas for color combos and enhancing the curb appeal.

The Entrance to my house is on the side of the house and cannot be moved. I am looking for cost effective ideas to make the entrance more inviting.

The garage is prominent from the road view and walking to the entrance. I've thought about adding panel stone to the bottom half to break it up/add character. Possibly add pergola type structure over the garage door?

Front of House, east facing.

View from the road.

This picture shows our only entrance door (that cannot be moved). I would like to add some type of Entrance cover. Perhaps a pergola type structure/cover over the door, the roof pitch has me confused and the property line is 2' off the cement to the left of the picture.

Walkway from driveway to front (side) door. Eventually, I want to expand the flower bed running along the side of the garage due to the evergreens being so large, and move the paver walkway again, to the entrance.

This is what the house looks like if driving by from the road, updated really needed.

I have a decent amount set aside for this upgrade and luckily my husband and son put the roof on and other labor, but not all.

I would truly appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Comments (13)