SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

Red finger lime - take two!

I found another finger lime that fell off the tree yesterday. Unfortunately, I used it before taking pictures. I wanted to report to you guys that the flavor of this one was much better. It was still not what I expected in terms of looks, meaning that it was not like caviar. I cut it open like a regular lime (it had one seed) and then I squeezed it expecting the juice to come out. Instead, however, the little juice pods came out. The were not spherical though - more elongated like the juice structures on a regular lime, but smaller and tougher on the outside so they did not burst when squeezed; they just came out. When I tasted them, the flavor was very strong and limey....stronger even than a key lime. I liked it much more than the last one I tried, which must have been kind of bad. I intend to use another that fell off to top off the salmon I am going to make with the sudachi. A few of those little pods will go a long way. I wanted to share this because my earlier comment about them was negative. Frankly, I was very disappointed in the flavor the last time. However, I am happy to report that the real, untarnished flavor of them is quite good.

Comments (17)