SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
guoxiaotian

Need to hire drywall company before the painting company?

guoxiaotian
6 years ago

Hi,

I just had a painting company (well rated on Angies List) come in to give us a quote on repaint interior of the house. The house had inconsistent texture in many places and some corners that are not very sharp/straight (not caused by wavy drywall, mostly just poor mud work at corner/joins I guess).

After the contractor went though the house I pointed at some of these places and asked him what quality/improvement I can expect and I was told these are drywall/plastering company's work, they can do it but they would charge time/material for them, he also suggested I have drywall/plastering companies fix them before they do the paint job.

I was surprised and wondering if this is expected - These aren't big cracks or damaged walls. Are their expected only perform very minor touchup like nail holes? If I hire them to paint the entire home and in the end if the result isn't satisfactory they just pointing fingers to previous drywall work done poorly, that would not be acceptable.

Do I need to hire a separated drywall company to prepare wall, or the most painting company should cover this kind of work?

Thanks!

Comments (4)