SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Small successes seen in morning light ...

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We all have our favorite little garden successes.

Oft times they are small things that just happened to turn out right; like the way Dorothy Barr dyckia's long leaves overhang the tall metal pot and the form and color are repeated in the rooster's tail. Both are garage sale finds ...

Or the successful return of Calliandra calothyrsus after having been moved several times, losing its identity, and in protest not blooming for years ...

While some of its relatives are more showy I love the long 'fiber optic' stamens and red stems ...

You've seen this before and now you're seeing it again -- because I like it ... :-)

Also appreciated is how Silver ponyfoot drapes to the ground from the bird house planter Bob made to place on a tree stump we left high for that purpose ...

Lover of fossils that I am I'm hardly believing I'm the recipient of four 'gen-u-wine' personally hand-dug and collected ammonite fossils ...

Up until now all I've had were faux. Thank you JoAn!

I'm envisioning having Bob arrange them in a frame or on a wall, but until then they are showing off wonderfully well on this plant stand ...

You just never know what interesting people you are going to meet and what wonderful things you will receive at a plant swap ... :-)

So what are some of your small successes, or your large ones? We want to know about them.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz