SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gil_happy

Question About Lawn Care Treatment Options For Centipede & Bermuda

gil_happy
6 years ago

Hello,

I have a general question about lawn care treatment for my yard. I am trying to determine if lawn fertilizer treatments that are offered by many national and local companies they are best method for lawn care, or if there are better options. Here is my situation:

- My yard is approximately 0.5 acres in size.

- My front yard is bermuda grass (flat) and my backyard is centipede grass (sloping).

- both front and back yard are mostly direct sun throughout the day

- I do not have any type of sprinkler system.

- I'm located in the Atlanta area.

Going back to my initial question, I'm trying to determine if these lawn services are worth it, whether they work, and if they are a good option? If the answer is 'yes', I'm wondering what I need to look for based on both of my grasses. The reason that I ask is that I previously had a lawn treatment service and don't really remember noticing much of a difference. Also, depending on the lawn care treatment company that you speak to, you receive all different types of responses (for example, some say you should treat centipede and others say you don't need to). If they are not worth it, somebody might just suggest that a sprinkler system is the best investment for a healthy lawn. Or somebody may suggest that the lawn care treatment / fertilizer are a waste of money, etc..

I know this is a lot to chew off, but I'm just trying to understand what is the best method for a healthy, green lawn is.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)