SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steph8512

Need some help/advice for kitchen lighting with beams

catinthehat
6 years ago

Hi all! I've been working since April, mainly on my own, in a full kitchen remodel, everything will be new down to and including the wall studs and floor joists. I am just about ready in my kitchen remodel to start the lighting/electrical, and cannot end up deciding on the final layout for the overhead recessed lights. My plan is to incorporate faux wood beams into my ceiling design, so the placement of the beams goes hand in hand with my overhead lighting. My question to those with more experience than I, what are your thoughts on my attached lighting layout as it stands? This must be the 5th iteration I've gone through on paper! Some additional details not included in the drawing:

- there is a soffit that goes around the
kitchen area, minus the location where the hood will be. I am removing the soffit there to make way for a pyramid style hood.

- recessed lighting will be 4" LEDs

- recessed lighting (3 of them) for the kitchen sink counters will be the same 4" LEDs but installed into the soffit overhead, rather than the 8' ceiling.

Thanks all! I am also including some drawings of the kitchen from different angles for an idea of the final look. All drawings done in CAD, I don't know how to use any of the 3D software unfortunately =(.

Comments (9)