SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_vanamringe

Kitchen expansion and remodel countertop dilema

M VanAm
6 years ago

About to start a much dreamt about kitchen expansion after raising our family in two homes both with galley kitchens! We are knocking down a wall a doubling our existing kitchen to allow a large 10 foot island in the center. White Shaker Flush frame cabinets, wood/butcher block island top, wood floors, probably a cast iron farmhouse sink...and cannot decide on the countertops! Initially planned on marble but have learned all the woes from staining to etching which don't make sense as I will be cooking and using my kitchen! My DH has always loved granite but I don't want a "new" kitchen to look like I did it 10 years ago! Quartzite has been known to chip. And Quartz has a more muted vein look (looking at Ceasarstone London Grey) but afraid it'll look dated soon...Am drawn to the classic white cabinet dark countertops (Virginia Mist Granite) but have heard they are bad for crumbs and dust! Help!! <:) We have a smaller home that I am embracing as a cottage (2800 sq ft) after remodel and we love the beach so am thinking of a soft beach feel. Wood bead board ceiling and possibly sea glass 2 x 8 or 3 x 7 tiles for backsplash or white handmade subway tile. Would so appreciate any thoughts and opinions! Thank you so much! :)

Comments (15)