SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
random_bunny75

Fall season grass questions

Random Bunny
6 years ago

I have a new lawn that has started growing for 2-3 weeks now- I cleared a piece of land (about 2500 sq ft) and planted grass seed. I watered every day once for first 2 weeks and then the rains returned, it looks like the seed has germinated well- in some areas the grass has come up 2+ inches and in some areas it is still about an inch. Given that, I have a few questions.

• I have tall trees all around this new grass and with recent thunder storms and severe wind conditions- the leaves of these big trees have fallen on this new grass. Additionally, there is a big black locust tree and it has dropped quite a few pods on the new grass. I am afraid of walking over this new grass to remove these pods and leaves. I tried to blow them with a blower and they are kind of heavy so they just moved a little. Since this new grass area is so large- I could not use the blower to blow this stuff off by standing on the edge of the grass (again, I did not want to walk over the new grass). What do you recommend I do? Just leave this stuff and grass will grow OK still? I can post a picture- it is not completely covered but it is there.
  • Another question I have is that these pods have fallen over my existing lawn also (I am not referring to the new grass that I talked about in the previous bullet). I mowed my lawn yesterday and simply mowed over these dried out pods- is this a problem?

This is my first-ever Fall season as a homeowner, so appreciate any and all advice I can get.

Thank you.

-Random

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living