SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nehome

How to evaluate a Good Design/Quote-What Elements to Consider?

nehome
6 years ago

The value of a good kitchen design is always stressed as just as important as price and quality in many of the cabinet threads here. So how do you evaluate if a design is "good" when receiving an initial quote? I'm referring to design details that impact the aesthetics of the overall look versus just the layout. My experience so far is the initial quote does not provide enough details or take aways to allow me to evaluate the design. I've received 3 quotes and have walked away with no drawings or 3D renderings from 2 of the KDs. I paid $350 for one of the layouts. I'm left with a vague memory of the proposal and trying to make a decision.

What design elements should I look for that would be provided at this stage of the process? Do you rely solely on the demos in the Showroom to represent the design quality? When a Cabinet place has several KDs, do you trust that they are all of the same caliber? KDs website Gallerys are another good source but they always seem to represent much grander spaces, appliances and potentially budget than I may have.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz