SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mnmamax3

entryway cabinet - yay or no?

mnmamax3
6 years ago

Just picked up this cabinet from homegoods and not sure if I like it. We are partway through a very long renovation - the wall color behind the cabinet is close to the new color. All cherry stained doors will be painted the trim color. We are getting a new more modern front door, but the transoms and sidelights stay.

There used to be a good-sized bench here and the small half-round table under the light switch near the door. I like the large cabinet but I am afraid there will be no good place to put a bench to put on shoes. The space near the door will get your knees crashed into from the door. Across from the cabinet seems like it will be too crowded in the middle with nothing near the door.

Thinking a large vertical art work on the wall to the right of the cabinet and, of course, a rug for the floor.

Does this cabinet work with the style of the couch in the other room (the only furniture we have so far for that space)? We like MCM/Modern but are stuck with the traditional trim/woodwork we have. Hoping for items that are not strictly one style or another. I would love this cabinet if it had legs but I'm not sure about the cutout detail.

What can go in the space under the light fixture?

What for the space where the half-round table is? Can I do a fun bench here?

Double doors to the left go to the office, Single door to the right goes to our mud room.

Comments (26)