SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrissyd1121

Holiday cacti

Chrissy- zone6B/7A
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

When a friend's mother passed away and the house was being emptied these 4 plants were going to be thrown in a dumpster so my boyfriend brought them home and told me they're Christmas cactuses. The little one had red bumps on the tips where the roots normal grow and what looked like several buds but has been shedding leaves left and right. The two bigger ones look healthy as far as I can tell. The stump in the back could be dead as far as I know. I haven't noticed any new growth but idk if I'm supposed to either. I watered them the day I got them and ever since the soil seems damp all the time.

Since idk when they usually bloom idk what to expect or how to treat them. I'm not so much interested in trying to get a good bloom, I just want to keep them alive!!! So, is the stump in the back worth trying to save? Should I repot them or is now a bad time? Should I keep them outside or hurry and get them inside? It's still mild here in NJ, today was 80 and sunny and the nights get down to between 50 or 60. Help!!

Comments (4)