SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Crazy Grout Matches Like the Blue Dress that went Viral.

palimpsest
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I need two different grouts and from one company I could find two options to try with the lighter tile and only one good option for the flooring.

The contractor tried both wall tile options on the wall tile. (The sticks looked good against actual tile in the store). And he accidentally tried one of the wall tile samples with the floor tile.

I came home and couldn't figure out what happened because I was sure that he had accidentally tried the darker floor grout with the wall tile and vice versa.

Nope. We don't even have the floor grout.

Both of these samples looked close to the wall tile on the samples. They are both wrong in real life. One is lighter than I want, the other is much too dark.The darker one is so wrong that I can't even believe it's the right grout but apparently it is.

The plan is to closely match each tile. Back to looking for new samples. And getting grout samples is like trying to join a secret society.

In case anyone is keeping track. The first bits of tile went up in this bathroom in December 2016....

Here is a picture...and you can chip grout off the right sample and it matches the grout when you put it on the left sample.

Comments (11)