SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth09

Can you tell me why I need an expensive gas range?

beth09
6 years ago

So I need to pick out appliances. I know what the DW will be (Bosch), and the frig is pretty straight forward for our needs (? brand). However, when it comes to the range, I slightly question my previous approach, which has always been to buy a fairly inexpensive one. I have never paid more then 600.00. They all "seemed" fine, though this last ones finish left some to be desired, and the large burner flame has always been uneven . But other than that, over the course of 35 years, that's what I've cooked thousands of meals on.

I do like to cook, but don't cook on quite the level I used to since it is now just me and hubby. But I still cook dinner most nights, with sporadic things here and there. I don't want anything wider than 30 inch as I don't have a lot of space.

So tell me, (convince me) why do I need a 3-4 thousand dollar range? I see lots of people on here getting them, raving about how they love them. It makes me think, what am I missing? Am I really missing something that's worth 2-3 thousand more than what I would spend? What is it exactly that this really expensive range can do for me? Asking sincerely!

Comments (14)