SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webcestuous

Juncus effusus spiralis (Corkscrew Rush) looking a bit sad.

Will M
6 years ago

This is my corkscrew rush, I've had it for around 9 months and over the last few months it's become increasingly flat and droopy looking. I've kept it in a room with a large south facing window, where it receives very little direct light, but is otherwise bright. As it advised for this plant, I have kept it very wet at all times with a large amount of standing water in the planter (it's a swamp plant and one of the few plants you can't really over-water), it shares the top of my dresser with an Anthurium and an Aglaomena, for which it provides humidity, but I also regularly spray it. I don't water it too often because the compost remains permanently moist with just some water every week or two.

Anyway, as you can see it is still pretty green and the leaves aren't floppy, there are plenty of old dead leaves mixed in with the living ones but I don't know if it would be normal for older leaves to die anyway it doesn't appear unhealthy per-se it just isn't standing up straight and providing a lovely backdrop to my other plants the way it used to.

Is there anything wrong with it? Does anyone know of anything I can do for it?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville