SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mountainy_man_z8_ireland

Here ya go Jo!

Jo asked for an update so here we go!

This is my first year as an addict, I've had a few hostas for a couple of years and they were just thrown in the ground and hoped for the best. Now i know what they need thanks to all you guys on here, and am embracing growing them in pots too although many will go in the ground eventually.

This is the new display at the front of the house which faces north.

Gold Standard

Wide Brim still unfurling

Patriot between Bamboo and Rodgersia

Elegans (bed badly needs mulch!)

Another Elegans, when i bought these I didn't know there were any other blues lol.

Fragrant blue with slug holes, grrrr!

Earth Angel, am really liking this one.

Big Daddy.

Fortunei Aureomarginata.

A little Frances Williams.

Brother Stefan

Wide brim.

Raspberry Sundae, much bigger than last year and wasn't expecting the wonderful spring colours of yellow and cream. me likey!

NOID Blue, I bought this last year as i thought it was a Halcyon (it was just imature lol), It was helpfully labeled "Hosta mix" I am pretty sure its another Elegans.

Night before Christmas, when i got this bareroot it was a bit furry and funky, someone here recomended washing it in a bleach solution and it worked a dream its a happy chappie. Oh and thats Footie the cat in the window lol.

Paul's Glory,Snowden and Halcyon in the turnip slicer (I must finish restoring this)

Neptune, I hope it has a few more leaves next year , looks a bit odd like this

Victory, for a baby its big, looking forward to him growing up.

Irish luck, very shiney and lovely.

Montana Aureomarginata, looking a bit sad and I don't know why, Its had the same treatment as all the others.

A host of happy hostas, August Moon is starting to go gold.

More babies doin good. Including NOID Blue that was the subject of an id thread late last year with no result as yet

Ground Master among the weeds.

Blue Angel and Liberty.

Pineapple Poll, growing like a weed!

Abby is very cute.

Anyway thats a flavour, 99.9% doing well, gardener enjoying himself, all is right with the world.

Denis

Comments (7)