SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msamsonakpan

Stained interior doors - need advice on white trim

Mel
6 years ago

We are in the process of building a new home without a builder. Each step has been a research project. However, I am at the point where I am needing paint colors. The most pressing need is for a trim color. I went with dark stained doors and the trim is already primed (this can't be changed). I am looking to find color options to use as trim around the doors that would complement them, but also as the trim for the whole house. I like warm colors, but I am open. The picture that is attached is of the stain color for the door (dark), the floor (lighter wood) along with a sample of a color similar to SW extra white (larger white paint sample) and SW alabaster (appears as muddy and too yellow) is the paper sample. The white painted wood comes off too stark with the door color alone. I am using it for purposes of showing the color of the wood. Additionally, there is wainscoting and a coffered ceiling which at the moment will the painted the same color. The first two pictures are in the sun and the last one is in the shade. All suggestions are welcomed.

Comments (14)