SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlsch

What is wrong with this piece of art on this wall?

jlsch
6 years ago

I've had to put my kitchen work on hold due to a tennis elbow on my dominant arm that just won't go away! I want to move forward, so plan to work with smaller spurts of time as I want to wrap this up. My kitchen is painted grey, except for this wall that I may paint slightly lighter (I had a previous thread on this). I have blues in the rug and accessories so had hoped to use this art piece on this wall. Both framed art pieces have gold frames currently, and I can't quite put my finger on what is wrong with the large piece on this wall. Is it the the color of the mat...the frame color....the size? Should something more be added to the wall or the adjoining wall to the right of the window? I'm including a poor quality photo (sorry bad lighting) of the other small print that also has a gold frame, but looks ok, perhaps because the grey paint offers more contrast. Any input appreciated. (I may be changing the table to a round one, and am aware that the overhead light needs to be centered over the table.)

Comments (25)